How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
Porcelain veneers make teeth look amazing. Whiter. Straighter. The best size and shape.
Each set of veneers is designed to last at least 10 years, but if you take good care of them—brushing, flossing, and going to the dentist every six months—yours could last up to 20 years.
Plus, veneers are easily replaceable when the time comes to replace them.
Let’s discuss how to prolong your veneers’ lifespan, how often you should replace them, and how to get veneers.
Do veneers last a lifetime?
You can keep using veneers for decades. As long as you keep the underlying teeth healthy, your veneers will be able to bond with them—and look fantastic.
Porcelain veneers are not the type of dental device you temporarily put in and then pop out again when you want. That’s because they cause a small, permanent change to your teeth.
Your dentist will remove a thin layer of dental material from the front of the treated teeth. This can’t be reversed.
Then, we’ll replace that layer with porcelain veneers, bonding them to your teeth and protecting them.
Veneers are a lifetime commitment. So, be sure that your teeth and gums are healthy before making this change—and visit an experienced cosmetic dentist.
How long does it take to get porcelain veneers?
The initial process of getting veneers is easy and convenient, taking only two appointments.
Here’s the process:
- Consultation: You’ll discuss your smile goals with Dr. Johnson, and ask any questions. Together, we’ll create a treatment plan for you.
- Try on Your Smile: After taking dental impressions, we’ll create temporary veneers, which you’ll wear until your final veneers arrive. You’ll be able to test your new smile.
- Your Smile Is Ready: A trusted local lab will fabricate your veneers with cutting-edge technology. In a second appointment, we’ll bond them to your teeth—for a smile worthy of a star.
We’ll make sure that you’re happy with the way your veneers look. The shape and color of each veneer should look great, along with the overall look of your new smile.
How often should porcelain veneers be replaced?
Expect to get your porcelain veneers replaced after 10–20 years.
If you want to shoot for 20 years, follow these tips:
- Limit foods and drinks that stain teeth, such as soft drinks, coffee, tea, berries, curry, and pasta sauce. Consume in moderation.
- Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Open packages with scissors instead of your teeth.
- Floss your teeth every day. Make sure the floss helps to keep your gums healthy.
- Brush with a softer toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Protect your teeth with a dental guard if you clench your teeth during the night—and if you play sports.
- Schedule checkups and cleanings with your dentist every six months.
If a veneer ever looks cracked or chipped, call Harbour Pointe Family Dentistry. We’ll quickly replace it.
Get porcelain veneers in Mukilteo, WA
If you want a smile that turns heads, porcelain veneers will make it happen.
Our office is an anxiety-free zone with spa-like amenities (free paraffin hand dips) and modern technologies.
Get a Hollywood smile that lasts a lifetime. Call Harbour Pointe Family Dentistry for a porcelain veneers appointment.