Use All Your Dental Coverage Benefits Before You Lose Them!
Another year has flown by! The holidays are upon us and the end of the year looms ahead.
Now is the time to make sure you’ve used all your dental coverage benefits for the current year before the New Year rolls around and your insurance resets.
You may have many questions about dental insurance. In this blog, we’re going to cover:
- What dental insurance you can use
- Which insurance plans we accept
- What dental treatments are covered under dental insurance
- Why you should use your dental insurance before the year ends
Dental insurance 101
Most insurance coverage works the same way.
You pay for a certain amount of coverage. There is often a deductible – the amount of money you must pay out of pocket first – that must be met, and then your insurance coverage kicks in. You have until the end of the current year if your policy runs from January to December to use up all of your insurance benefits.
If you are covered by dental insurance, don’t let those benefits go to waste!
If you have a healthcare flexible spending account (FSA) or a health savings account (HSA), those benefits can be used toward your dental care.
Not sure about the amount of dental coverage you have remaining to spend? Call your insurer and ask.
You bought insurance in the first place to save money, right? Make sure you take advantage of it.
At Harbour Pointe Family Dentistry, we are happy to bill all insurance companies for you, and we are preferred providers for Delta Dental Opens in Delta Dental website and RegenceOpens in Regence website.
Which treatments are covered?
Most dental insurance plans cover in full preventative appointments, including exams, x-rays, and cleanings.
For other dental treatments such as restorative or cosmetic procedures, each insurer has a list of treatments they will cover.
What kind of services would be considered restorative or cosmetic?
At Harbour Pointe Family Dentistry, we offer the following:
- Dental crowns
- Metal-free fillings
- Root canals
- Periodontic care
- Porcelain veneers
If you are not sure which dental services are covered, ask your insurer. They will be happy to outline which treatments are included and any existing limits on treatment.
You could also ask if any of those benefits are being cut or reduced in the next year. If so, make sure you get the needed care now while it is still covered!
Benefit from your benefits!
Have you already had your two preventative exams this year with our Mukilteo family dentist, Dr. Kristopher Johnson? If not, then you still have time to schedule convenient appointments for you and your family and use up all those benefits for which you’ve paid.
If you need dental care that will take longer to complete, like a root canal, you can use the remaining benefits from this year. We will be happy to schedule any other needed visits so that you can take advantage of next year’s benefits.
We understand dental treatment can be costly, and we are always ready to work out a treatment plan to take the best advantage of your dental coverage and work within your family budget.
Why act now?
Here are just a few of the reasons you should act now to take advantage of your dental benefits.
- As we mentioned earlier, insurance benefits are only good for a calendar year. If you have reached the full payment of your deductible or you are close to achieving it, then take advantage of your insurance.
- You’ve already paid for these benefits. Use them!
- With the New Year, there can often be an increase in insurance rates or specific benefits may be cut. The cost of dental treatment care also can increase, so use your dental coverage now and save yourself some money.
- Putting off needed treatment is never a good idea. A small cavity now that can be repaired with just a simple filling will eventually turn into a more damaged tooth, which will need more costly and time-consuming treatment.
Our Mukilteo dentist is ready to work with you to get you the care you need while saving yourself some money. If you live in Mill Creek, Edmonds, Boulevard Bluffs, Picnic Point, Evergreen, Perrinville, or Snohomish areas, contact us today, and we’ll be happy to schedule you before the New Year.
Just click the button below to make a convenient appointment.
Or you can contact us by one of these other means: