Congratulations to our first on-line contest winner, Brandon Schmitz! Brandon and his wife Tiffany have been dental patients in Dr. Johnson’s Mukilteo dental practice near Everett, since 2007. We look forward to many more years of helping them take care of all their oral health care!
We had a fantastic turn-out for our first ever on-line contest and look forward to many more. Stay tuned to our Blog to find out all the details of our next contest which will be announced on Wednesday, March 9th.
A special thank you to all who participated and helped make the launch of our new website even more exciting!!
Answers to Questions:
1. How many teeth does the average person have in their lifetime including baby teeth?There are 20 baby teeth and 32 permanent teeth: 52 teeth total.
2. The 2 bacteria most likely to cause tooth decay (cavities) are : Streptococus Mutans and Lactobacillus.
3. How many layers are in a tooth? Answer: 3-Enamel, Dentin and Pulp (4 was acceptable for those who included cementum)
4. Which is the hardest/strongest layer of tooth? Answer: Enamel
5. How often should you change your toothbrush? Answer: Every 3-4 months
Sources: ADA website, Esther Wilkins Clinical Practice of the Dental Hygienist; 10th Edition.
Sincerely, Dr. Johnson and Staff